In the Back to the Future series, a common theme was underdogs overcoming their weakness (shyness, quickness to anger) to do something that caused them to step past their fears to achieve what led to a better future for the character and their family.
If you have seen the movie, you will recall the scene where George McFly punches bully Biff Tannen (famous closing of the hand into a fist) for assaulting his eventual wife, Lorraine.
After the holidays, I hope that you like me have the feeling rising in you that it is time to stomp out COVID-19.
We all understood and knew that the holidays would be risky. Missing family. Missing tradition. These were powerful magnets that drew some to put themselves and others at risk despite knowing that the risk existed.
Those distractions and needs are behind us, and:
- Now is the time that we truly and fully practice social distancing.
- Now is the time we stay at home (and out of the cold weather).
- Now is the time for us to take the Covid vaccine as it becomes available.
- Virginia Department of Health Covid-19 Vaccine Information: https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/covid-19-vaccine/
- Tennessee Department of Health Covid-19 Vaccine Information: https://www.tn.gov/health/cedep/ncov/covid-19-vaccine-information.html
- Now is the time to kill COVID-19!
The longer we doddle, the longer we do not practice safety, the longer COVID-19 lasts.
Perhaps you don’t mind a mask. Perhaps you don’t mind putting your family and fellow employees at risk. Perhaps you don’t miss going out to dinner or ballgames or having big family get togethers.
But I suspect you do.
Search you heart. Search your mind.
And draw up your fist with the rest of us to smack COVID-19 out of our lives!
“Letters From Leton” is a blog series comprised of the weekly updates that Leton Harding – President, Chairman, and CEO of Powell Valley National Bank, shares with the Bank’s team members. These newsletters are full of uplifting anecdotes and intriguing insights that are applicable beyond the Bank, so we want to share them with you.